Oliver, not a CCSID issue. It's because of the way signs are handled in zoned data. The sign is in the first nybble (spelling, Simon?) of the last character. That's why it gets lost. E.g., I just tried it with a negative number with 7 in the units position - comes through as 'P'.

So you probably need to use CPYTOIMPF.

Cheers

Vern

At 03:58 PM 1/9/2003 +0100, you wrote:

Hello,

>Oliver

>Is your unix server an ftp server? Then it may be possible to send a
>physical file directly with FTP, if there are no packed fields in the
>physical file. And no binary fields, probably. You could also create a
>logicl file over the physical, with all the numerics redefined as zoned.
>Then FTP that logical file directly.

The Unix server belongs to our corporate headquarter in the US. I have only
very limited access. The AS/400 physical file has numeric fields and the
negative numbers don't get transferred correctly.

Could this be a CCSID problem? We have CCSID 273 on the files, while US
uses 37.

Regards,

Oliver