Oliver, no security problem, you just need to create a file share for /home (or /, if you want the whole IFS available). You do this in OpsNav. One way, under your iServer, is to go to the "File Systems->Integrated File System" and open it up further. You can right-click any item, take "Sharing->New Share...", and make the share you need.

You can also make a shortcut to the IFS by right-clicking on "File Systems->Integrated File System" and taking the "Create Shortcut" option - it goes on your desktop. BTW, almost all the pieces of OpsNav can have shortcuts - a very cool benefit, IMO.

HTH

Vern

At 03:50 PM 1/9/2003 +0100, you wrote:

Hi,

> Can I access /home/userx somehow from a windows pc?

> Sure, just share it through NetServer and the PC can map a drive to it.

Well, I guess that is my problem. I can't find /home or any other part of
the /
on my Netserver share. I only get the following sharable drives:

          \QCA400
          \QDIRSRV
          \QDLS
          \QIBM
          \QTCP

WRKLNK on the AS/400 shows me the other directories.

Security problem?

Regards,

Oliver