Im all for making things as simple and trouble free as possible.
Thats one of the reasons im looking at FTP in the 1st place.

The PC application needs a CSV formated file.

Im assuming what your saying is to use the FTP server on the AS400,
and the FTP client from the Win2K box. Pull rather than Push.

I guess the reason i was looking at Push was i know i can control the
entire process from CL, and have it all done on the one machine.

I cant expect the user to learn FTP cmds, and i dont know off-hand how to write
an FTP script that can run on a Win2K Pro box. Or can that be done in some
of the FTP clients like WS-FTP?

Also, currently the PC code would like to do a RMTCMD to do at least a
CLRPFM, an my preference is to do all of that natively. The more done on a
single box the better to my mind.

Still,

Pulling the data could still be a viable solution - either way someone has to
manually initiate the process - the same person that starts off the following
PC application.

Something to think about.
Interesting how you often tend to focus on the solution you 1st think of.

"If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"

Thks for the suggestion.

Regards

Ian.