        From:   Evan Harris [SMTP:spanner@ihug.co.nz]
        Sent:   Wednesday, December 11, 2002 10:41 AM
        To:     midrange-l@midrange.com
        Subject:        Re: Suggestion for a new System Request option

        Albert

        It is possible to alter the system request options so if you can
find one
        you don't need, you could alter it to do what you are suggesting.

        See here:

http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase.nsf/1ac66549a21402188625680b0002037e/01
84695b591ccb9f862565c2007d3358?OpenDocument&Highlight=0,system,request

        Regards
        Evan Harris

        >The System/36 used to have an option on the system request menu
which was
        >called something like 'Set latch flag'. All it did was turn on an
indicator
        >that you could test in your program. Then your program could take
the
        >appropriate action. I used it for ending long searches for example.
I would