I'm sort-a jumpin' in the middle-a this, starting with this post, Joe.

| [mailto:midrange-l-admin@midrange.com]On Behalf Of Joe Pluta

| And since I fight these fights all the time, I
| realize I'm not the most popular person, and that I'm seen as
| argumentative
| and egocentric.

Uhhhhhhhh.

I'm sorry Joe.

But You are a RANK AMATUER in this regard.

Sorry...  Truth hurts sometimes.

| However, more and more often I feel like the lone voice, like I'm tilting
| against some serious windmills.  And that these windmills are
| born not just
| out of the attacks of competitive platforms, but from the apathy
| of our own
| development community.

Ah.

You and me and a VERY FEW hundred other folks, too.

Knowwhatchyamean, THERE, old buddy...!!!

| Because when I see statements such as the last one about Unix and
| man pages,
| one so obviously and completely wrong,

Didn't see that particular statement, but yeah, yeah, and more yeah to Your
entire post.

*bow*