Steve

Just to add to your comments.

I've used both Aldon and TurnOver - both very solid products for iSeries
change management. I actually prefer TurnOver just a little - twas 3 years
ago when I had to decide.

MKS bought Silvon's product - Dave G., you know about, this? And MKS had a
suite of CMS products that Silvon's would be brought into, I think.

Both have long been working on cross-platform change management. CVS
doesn't really handle - isn't intended to - the extra stuff a true CMS
does. Great tool for versioning, if that's all you need. And it's free. ANT
adds to that, I believe, although I've not used it. But there's still a lot
of manual administration, probably. SourceSafe, again, does not handle the
"make" stuff, AFAIK. Version control, again - important but only a piece of
CMS.

Things like Aldon help control library lists for the various stages of
development and QA, handle packaging and distribution of
products/applications, archiving, versioning, all that.

All the major players are hooking into Eclipse, now, and that bodes well
for the cross-platform heaven I want. I hope they all succeed. I just wish
we could afford one of them right now.

JMVHO

Vern