I don't recall anyone posting to say that this definitely works. Even then,
perhaps depending on the model or DASD configuration, I'm not sure it can be
relied upon to work. I'm almost certain I recall an attempt on one system (a
model 400, IIRC) to get this to work and it remembered that the license had
already expired. My impression was that it was tied into the control panel or
perhaps particular tracks on the load-source drive or some similar mechanism.
Never really had a need to remember for certain.

I'd be very interested in somebody who could say they'd done this successfully
themselves and tell what model and VRM of OS/400. Likewise, comments from
anyone it's failed for would be interesting. Post from an anonymous service if
you're worried about going public.

Tom Liotta

--
Tom Liotta
The PowerTech Group, Inc.

Your favorite stores, helpful shopping tools and great gift ideas. Experience
the convenience of buying online with Shop@Netscape!
http://shopnow.netscape.com/

http://webmail.netscape.com/