Buck,

Thanks for the thoughtful non-flame response :)

Just repeat tho...the customer is always right!

If your customers do not want to pay support fees
they are not perceiving value. I worked for the
vendor I now have to use and have seen the equation
from both sides. I do not perceive much value in
what they are currently doing so I do not like paying
fees, especially when any new function arrives in
the form of a "new application" which requires more
initial $$$ and more support fees. Just changing
out the box with the same user base requires $$$$$.

Neither one of us or anyone on the newsgroup can
solve that one since it is endemic to computing.
Legacy apps and machines wither and die to be
replaced by newer, faster better applications.

As far as the no change or lots of change I just
wish IBM would pick one and price appropriately.
Perception of the iSeries is that it is a nice
legacy box stable and robust. Cutting edge it is
not, except of course for the neat hardware that
blew up on Rob. My point was greenstreak caters
to the no change crowd, same box lower costs
great equation. To charge the premium again it
will have to offer more than the garden variety
pc, mac or unix box.

Regards

Konrad