Konrad,

You are so off base on cost and value add.  There has been lots of
improvements in each version of the OS.  However you choose to take
advantage of none of them - therefore to you they've provided no value
add.  Much like if I compare a diner and a fine restaurant.  If for the
same price as a cup of coffee in the diner I can get a seven course meal
at the restaurant it is of no value add if I choose not to eat any of it.
And as far as cost - if you've purchased the software subscription, you've
already prepaid for the upgrades in a nice budgetary fashion.

What is the difference between a poorly documented buggy new release and a
poorly documented buggy old release?  The new release has more features
and functions.
Trust me, I find LOTS of bugs on releases that have been out for a awhile.

Actually the 840 was down from around 3pm to around 12:30 midnight.
Redundant machine is not in the budget right now.  Want to hear the
humorous thing?  We have a hot backup for the domino applications running
on the 840.  A nearby 270.  But we do not have a hot backup for the ERP,
accounting and payroll.  I guess email and workflow is more important. But
it probably boils down to the fact that Domino includes clustering in
their software, at the enterprise level, while OS/400 requires you
purchase a third party package.  It's not the disk - Domino eats more than
our ERP, payroll accounting.  Yep our nightly DB2 backup fits on one 3590
tape, then the Domino  takes the next 3 or 4.
(And the TSM backup of our PC's to the iSeries takes ten 3581 tapes.  Two
units run in parallel.)

Benjamin Franklin

Konrad Underkofler <kdunderk@hoshizaki.com>
Sent by: midrange-l-admin@midrange.com