Yup, that is all politicians think about... Votes.  (both sides).  This
is typical, knee-jerk reactionary stuff, so it "looks like" the
government is doing something.  Politicians think EVERYTHING can be
fixed with some new legislation.  The fact of the manner is that crooks
are crooks, and do not care about the laws anyway.  Laws only apply to
the people honest enough to obey them.
cjg

Carl J. Galgano
EDI Consulting Services, Inc.
550 Kennesaw Avenue, Suite 800
Marietta, GA  30060
(770) 422-2995 - voice
(419) 730-8212 - fax
mailto:cgalgano@ediconsulting.com
http://www.ediconsulting.com
AS400 EDI, Networking, E-Commerce and Communications Consulting and
Implementation
http://www.icecreamovernight.com
Premium Ice Cream Brands shipped Overnight

"You ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know" - rw

I agree Al.  It's just election year stuff.  I am sure that all of the
Enron people, etc, being closely investigated received more than $1M in
compensation, which is the current limit on the >salary< amount that is
tax deductible to the corporation.  (Not the limit on compensation.)
This compensation could be in stock, etc.

When they pass a new law in response to the Enron, et al, scandal; I
wonder if they ever take the time to think
a)  What violations would this have stopped?
b)  Who would have been charged, convicted and actually punished, based
on this new law alone?

Or do they only think:  Will this get me more votes?

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

"Al Barsa" <barsa@barsaconsulting.com>
Sent by: midrange-l-admin@midrange.com
08/07/2002 08:09 AM
Please respond to midrange-l