Hi Everyone,

We have several small plants around the country where product is
manufactured and shipped to customers.  That is all they do, produce and
ship.  All other functions (order taking, invoicing, EDI, etc.) are handled
here.

Up to now, we have been able to meet shipping compliance demands (labeling,
ASNs, etc.) from our customers by knowing ahead of time exactly what was
going to ship when and how, printing the labels here and shipping them to
the plant to be used.  But we are now getting into a Pick and Pack type
situation where we don't necessarily know what is going into which box.

I need to come up with an economical solution at the remote plants with the
following features:
- somehow receive order data from our AS/400
- print pick lists
- scan items as it is put in the box
- print labels in compliance with each customers requirements
- print packing lists, bills of lading, and other paperwork in compliance
with each customers requirements
- somehow send the shipped data back to our AS/400 for further processing

Software on our AS/400 is in-house written, so we should be able to
interface with most anything.  There are no technical people or computers at
the remote plants.

I am looking for recommendations of canned solutions that you think will
work for us.

Thanks!
Rick