Hi Vern,

Shame about the absent twinax adapter.

One thing I haven't tried is the Lan Console. Probably not very
practicle because it think it needs a dedicated Lan Card.

I think the problem with Ops Console is Windows related and largely out
of IBMs control. IBM have put OS/400 in Microsoft's 'capable' hands and
it is up to MS to produce the reliablity!!!

My own thoughts on this matter are - if a Windows system is working
leave it alone, don't change it, don't install anything new, and it
should continue working. If you have a working console I would be
tempted to keep it and leave it dedicated to that job.

Unfortunately, when Windows applications don't work it can be very
difficult to find out why and correct the problem. The cost in time and
effort to 'bring things up to date' is likely to be far greater than the
value of the PC hardware. If the console ties up the laptop, it would
probably be cheaper to buy a new laptop than to try and set up another
console.

Best of luck with this one
Syd Nicholson