Working for A BP may get you a discount but it is still not going to be
cheap. I had 60 or 90 days to get software subscription before they charged
me currency access fee (penalty), had to prove the purchase date.

I would talk with someone at your company, if it is any size at all they
maybe know of customers getting rid of AS/400's with V5R1 you could get
cheap.  If you are just looking to run your website on it you may not need
V5R1. I am not sure how web serving worked on V4R2, I started on V4R3 You
could also look at getting a 250 they are not to bad in price for an AS400
(around $8,400, should be less working for a BP)  and comes with a nice
setup, you would only need to add WDS, if you want to program on it. And
another option is to look at companies that host web sites on an AS400 (yes
I run one)

Info on the 250
http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/hardware/mod250.htm

I think you are about to find out why people take an old PC put Linux and
Apache on it.

John Ross