> Subject: RE: Urgent - AS400 Connectivity Problem
>

> Andy,
>
> Thanks.  I have already done these exercises before escalating this to
> midrange.  The parameters of the 170 do match with that of the 150.
What
> else can you suggest?
>
> Karthik

Karthik,

Perhaps if you posted your line description in a message to the list,
that might provide a clue.

You may also be facing a V4R2 versus V4R4 difference.  I realize that
they're not making new PTF's for V4R2, but are you as current as
possible?  Is the 150 important enough to upgrade?

Do your 170's plug into the same network hardware in the same way?

You could also provide more detail on your network hardware (i.e. name
and brand of switch/hub).  That won't help me any, but it might ring a
bell with someone on the list.

What about your client?  Is the emulator you're using unique to this
AS/400 connection or are you using the same client on all your PC's
connecting to all your AS/400's.  I'm assuming that it is some kind of
TN5250 thing connecting via TCP/IP but it could be APPC-based, what is
it?  Does the same thing happen when you connect from other PC's to this
AS/400?

Regards,
Andy