>OK, I give up...I've wasted a whole day trying to install the WEBSPHERE
>DEVELOPMENT TOOLS on my P/C. After 4 installs, de-installs, registry
>clears etc. etc. It still fails on the Websphere Studio portion, and
>CODE/400 can't seem to save anything without crashing and terminating,
>thus not saving anything.  Has anyone gotten this to install on W2K?

Yes, I use it on a W2K Pro machine every day. Can't say its flawless, but
then again it wasn't 100% stable on the old win98 machine I used to use
either. (Still prefer it to SEU though)

It didn't install cleanly when I tried to load it, I had to go through each
disk
and re-run the Windows installer scripts to get it to load up. Then I had to

configure the help system manually.

In case you are still curious, each disk has a *.msi file in its root
directory,
right click it and select 'Repair' and it should do its thing. You'll need
to do this
for every disk. I'd wager the online help won't work either, but there are
docs on the disks
to show you how to fix it. (you'll have to use the varcfg utility)

Like I said at the top of this post, I use CODE/400 every day on a Win2K Pro
machine, and
prefer it greatly to SEU/RDU, etc. However, the installer is badly broken
under w2k, (and
won't re-install under win98 correctly) and it is a pain in the a** to
setup.

P.S. Simply running the uninstall option from 'Add/Remove Programs' does
*NOT* completely uninstall the product, you have to get a utility off of the
websphere studio site at IBM to clean it up properly. (Didn't work for me
BTW, but your mileage may vary.)

P.S.S. The developers of websphere studio are readily available through the
newsgroups on IBMs servers, links are at the support site. They have been
helpful to me in working around the problems I've run into so far.