Al,

Don't know what the precise odds are.  Maybe 50/50...?

But I'm EXTREMELY risk-aversive, myself...  Even if the odds were a million
to one, I wouldn't take that risk (on a production system).  "Not gonna do
it" because the recovery on a cratered system would surely not be worth any
potential gain, that I can see from trying something like this.

I'd like to other thoughts on the subject, though.

jt

| |
| |
| | >I have not done this but I wonder what happens if
| | >I modify QSYSLIBL to put QSYSV4R4M0 at the top,
| | >on an OS at V4R5.   Warning do not be tempted to try.
| | >Frank Kolmann
| |
| |
| | only.
| |
| | >I, and I'm sure Jerry too, agree completely.
| | >
| | >Didn't catch the REASON behind the question...  Maybe there's another
| way
| | >accomplish this, via LPAR.  But don't know the original
| problem that was
| | >being addressed.
| | >
| | >jt
| |
| | I dont have a reason as such. One of our programmers
| | modified a jobs *LIBL (system portion) with CHGSYSLIBL.
| | Could not even do a SYS REQ cancel, or SIGNOFF.
| | It is simply something that is very easy to do and
| | I suspect will disable the AS400.
| | IBM should prevent the backwards compatibility libs
| | getting into the SYSLIBL.
| |