                    midrange-l-admin@mi       Subject:     Want to replace Nt
server
                    drange.com

                    11/16/2001 04:49 PM
                    Please respond to
                    midrange-l

My boss, the CIO, has given me a challenge. I would like to know what I am
about to describe can be done and where to go to look for the answers.

Current system is an IBM Net Finity 5500 Windows NT 4.0 with some service
packs. It is used for file and print sharing. Each individual user has
space (drive H) on the server for storing documents. There is a shared
area (drive G) which can be used by the user to store documents to pass to
other users. When a user logs on to the network, the 2 drives are
automatically mapped through a script that is run.

What I would like to do is the same thing but using the AS/400 to do the
same thing.

Where do I start and where do I look to be able to start doing this?

Thanks in advance

Dave Willenborg
Dwillenborg@jcrob.com