No problem, jt.
I just intended that you seemed to have hit the nail on the head.  All the talk
lately that about the hardware and software what it does and doesn't do better
now is just a pain.
Like the whole machine, hardware and software, evolving we need to also.  It's
not the 38 or the AS/400 but the iSeries, it has changed so we need to also or
get left behind.
I miss some of the "old" ways we were able to do things, and the new challenges
of the more openness of the iSeries, but we are here to do our best to deliver
the best solution, period.
IBM using CNIFT, charging more or less for a product or service.  It's
evolution.  Yes, it may cost a little more but the bottom line is still, it's
the best in town for what we use it for, now and for the short term future.
Times change, we need to also.  They are called growing pains, or hang nails.
Ever forward.  This is one of the best platforms out there and the best bunch
of people to admit knowing for their knowledge and support of the community we
are part of.

>>> jt@ee.net 11/13/01 01:28PM >>>
Bruce,

I apologize if I was blunt.

I don't believe that ANY one person has all the answers.  I sure don't
believe that I do..  So why should I think that someone else does?  I think
the way some posts are written (**mine for example**) they seem to imply the
author has all the answers.  It's never THAT simple.

Again, sorry if I over-did it.

jt