Martin Said:

<SNIP>
>with the IFS, but I don't have that luxury. A few QSH commands in a CL is
>very handy; for instance in splitting & zipping files we need to email.
>Just one more QSH tip, if Java is installed:
>QSH CMD('jar -cfM myfile.zip file1.csv file2.csv')
>to zip files on the IFS :)

Leif Said

<SNIP>
>===> although I fully agree with Simon that what was a well-designed
>system is being destroyed by"unix-crap" creeping in, there is something
>good in the unix-style shells where output from one command can be
>used as input for the next command in a "pipeline".

Leif,  Martin

I agree with both of you that there are some powerful functions in the QSH,
My point is

I wish I had a sanitized, Keyword Driven, visible Default Value,  F1 F4
aware,   interface for them.
The ( jar -cfM myfile.zip file1.csv.......) is a good example  Just look at
it.  letting the F1 F4 issue aside for a moment,  wouldn't it be better to
have that function look like

CPYF  FROMFILE(mylib/myfile) TOFILE(somelib/somefile)   etc  ???

I love the Pipeing too Leif  but it's not a "To Unix or Not to Unix"   I
would like a simple parameter on the DSPMSGD MSGID(mymsgf/msgid)
PIPETO(mylib/myfile)   doncha think that and others like it would be
neat???

Sorry I was misconstrued.   I want understandable KeyWords, Visible
Defaults,  F1 F4 prompting, Like I have already have had for 20 years.
It's like going back to Sys/34 Procs with Positional Parameters like

MYPROC y,,Myfile,.*FIRST,N,,2,mylib  ( what the @#$% does that do??)

We grew past that syntax,  but Linux, and Unix never did.

I want the Function of QSH,  with MY CMD interface.

Just My Opinion.

P.S.  I also agree with your position on Ops Nav too Leif.

John Carr