From: <jpcarr@tredegar.com>
I couldn't help but forward Simon's remarks to a bunch of people in
Rochester that are responsible for Ops Nav and are also responsible for the
"Future of CL Language"

===> although I fully agree with Simon that what was a well-designed
system is being destroyed by"unix-crap" creeping in, there is something
good in the unix-style shells where output from one command can be
used as input for the next command in a "pipeline".
The problem with Ops Nav (and the GUI) push is that you lose BOTH
the F1-F4 AND the pipelining. So Ops Nav is destroying TWO well-designed
systems (unix is also well-designed on its own terms).