Hi,

Technically, you should be able to restore any System/38 object from
Release 8.0, PC-F.  Any database file from Release 5.0 or higher.

Al

Al Barsa, Jr.
Barsa Consulting Group, LLC

400>390

914-251-1234
914-251-9406 fax

http://www.barsaconsulting.com
http://www.taatool.com

                    Neil Palmer

                    <neilp@dpslink.com>        To:     MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com

                    Sent by:                   cc:

                    owner-midrange-l@mi        Subject:     RE: Restore issues

                    drange.com

                    06/08/01 12:45 PM

                    Please respond to

                    MIDRANGE-L

Ed,

You should report that to IBM - it's a bug.  You're supposed to be able to
restore objects from any previous release, even a S/38.

Neil Palmer      DPS Data Processing Services Canada Ltd.
50 Acadia Avenue, Ste.102                   OS/400~~~~~
Markham, Ontario, Canada.   ____________          ___  ~
Phone:(905) 474-4890 x303   |OOOOOOOOOO| ________  o|__||=
Fax:  (905) 474-4898         oo      oo   oo  oo   OOOo=o\
mailto:NeilP@DPSlink.com  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.DPSlink.com     iSeries 400  The Ultimate Business Server

"Ed Chabot" <echabot@marlinfirearms.com>
Sent by: owner-midrange-l@midrange.com