  • Subject: RE: Restore issues
  • From: "Ed Chabot" <echabot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 08:59:32 -0400

Jim and others who have replied,
We have  covered all the bases that have been mentioned and think we may
have hit on something.  We are restoring to a model 720 running V4R4.  The
objects that are giving us the problem all have a system level of V1R5 or
earlier (honest! - we're converting systems on a company we acquired last
November and they have managed to stay far from the bleeding edge!) Anyway,
we can restore the library to a model 300 running V3R2 without any problems.
We are chalking it up to an operating system restriction and handling the 4
libraries that are giving us the problems by going to the model 300 first,
saving the library on that box and restoring it to the 720.  Good thing we
haven't scrapped the 300 yet! Thanks to everyone that responded.

Ed Chabot
The Marlin Firearms Company
100 Kenna Drive
North Haven, CT 06473