  • Subject: Re: Remote CDROM?
  • From: tomh@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 11:28:17 -0600

From what I understand - Yes....  start here: http://as400service.ibm.com/p_dir/ptfOrdhelp.nsf/4cb99c3c728181b48625665f00482e0b?OpenView

The way I understand it is, you:

1. set up a properly 'SOCKSified' client PC (if you have a firewall).  OS/2 not supported.
2. set up TCP/IP connection to the 400
3. (v4r2) PTF SF48162;  (v4r3) PTF SF50552
4.  sign up for the iPTF system
5. Download whatever you need thru the internet
6. The download is automagically sent to the 400.

I've never needed to this myself, but they lead me to believe that it can be done.

egraeb@home.com (by way of David Gibbs <david
Sent by: owner-midrange-l@midrange.com

01/27/01 06:14 PM
Please respond to MIDRANGE-L