  • Subject: RE: RSTDSP NOT WORKING
  • From: "Neil Palmer" <neilp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 01:12:18 -0500

Ron,

Does sound like a bug, but no doubt a complaint to IBM will elicit the
(in)famous "working as designed" reply.  :-)

I'm really guessing here so this could be totally out to lunch, but it
sounds like what may be happening is when you first return to program A
the screen is "restored", but a buffer is cleared, and when you call
program C the RSTDSP keyword now saves a blank buffer to restore when you
return from program C.
If you wrote a display for program A before the call to program C (maybe
some dummy display format that writes a line at the bottom of the screen
or something) it probably works fine (maybe this is the workaround you
used ?).
I assume you've tried RSTDSP on all screens for programs A, B & C and it
made no difference ?
Have you tried putting all display formats for programs A, B & C into one
display file, and using the same display file for all 3 programs ?
(SHARE(*YES) may be necessary on the display file).

...Neil

"Ron Hawkins" <hwarangron@home.com>
Sent by: owner-midrange-l@midrange.com
2001/01/11 18:27