  • Subject: Re: DDS Keywords ROLLUP/DOWN
  • From: "Leif Svalgaard" <leif@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 10:36:24 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: Buck Calabro <buck.calabro@aptissoftware.com>
To: <MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 03, 2001 9:39 AM

> Leif Svalgaard wrote:
>
> > Anything special with the DDS keywords ROLLUP
> > and ROLLDOWN?
> > I have them included in my DDS for a display file,
> > but the system still responds with "Function key not
> > allowed"  ?
>
> I use them all the time and never experienced a problem.
> 1) library list (wrong object)
> 2) not displaying the record format you assume
> 3) qrplobj
>
> I'd be happy to try your code on my box if you can't get to the bottom of
> it...

This is what the manual says:

You can specify the command keys Help, Roll Up, Roll Down, Print, Clear, and
Home in the DDS for a display device file with the keywords HELP, ROLLUP,
ROLLDOWN, PRINT, CLEAR, and HOME.
Command keys are processed by an RPG program whenever the compiler processes
a READ or an EXFMT operation on a record format for which the appropriate
keywords are specified in the DDS. When the command keys are in effect and a
command key is pressed, the OS/400 system returns control to the RPG program.

If a response indicator is specified in the DDS for the command selected,
that indicator is set on and all other response indicators that are in effect
for the record format and the file are set off.

If a response indicator is not specified in the DDS for a command key, the
following happens:
For the Print Key specified with *PGM, Roll Up and Roll Down keys used
without subfiles, and for the Clear, Help, and Home keys, one of the *STATUS
values 1121-1126 is set, respectively, and processing continues.

--------

I use ROLLUP with no response indicator and no subfile.
Below is the RPGLE program and under that the DDS:

     Ftestdspf  cf   e             workstn
     Dcount            s              5s 0

*-------------------------------------------------------------------------
     C                   dow       count < 10
     C                   add       1             count
     C                   write     screen
     C                   read      testdspf                             9999
     C                   enddo
     C                   eval      *inlr=*on

DDS source for TESTDSPF:

     A                                      CF01 CF02 CF03 CF04
     A                                      CF05 CF06 CF07 CF08
     A                                      CF09 CF10 CF11 CF12
     A                                      CF13 CF14 CF15 CF16
     A                                      CF17 CF18 CF19 CF20
     A                                      CF21 CF22 CF23 CF24
     A                                      ROLLUP ROLLDOWN
     A          R DUMMY                     ASSUME KEEP
     A                                  1 80 ' '
     A          R SCREEN                    INVITE OVERLAY