  • Subject: RE: Accounting Packages
  • From: Sannan Solberg <SSolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 10:54:44 -0600

Yes, JDE is the likely front-runner on the AS/400 but that is with their
World product.  They are now hawking the OneWorld product, which CAN be on
the 400 but other platforms as well.  World is "green screen" and quite
stable.  OneWorld is GUI and lots more complex of an installation.  My
understanding is you can actually still purchase the World product if you
press them.  Technically, they are talking about stopping "support" of the
World product in 2005.  There are so many of us users still on World, and
the fact that migrating to OneWorld is no easy process currently, the World
product may just live a bit longer than that.  Good Luck!