  • Subject: Re: Accounting Packages
  • From: "End of the Trail" <endofthetrail@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 21:33:37 -0500

Hello. I am responding to your request for information.

Advanced Data Systems, Inc. is a company that specializes in manufacturing
software for the AS400.  The name of the product is MAGICS II.

It consists of well over 2000 programs made up of integrated modules
including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger, Inventory
Control, Job Costing, Order Processing, and Sales Analysis. MAGICS has
evolved to its current state of development over the course of over 23
years. It was completely rewritten in the late '90s both to accomodate the
Y2K issues and also to take advantage of the latest language technologies
offered today from IBM for systems written in RPG.

They are acutely aware of the expensive nature of the technology field when
purchasing software licenses and attempting to implement them. Many
companies who switched to new systems to deal with the Y2K issues found that
the new systems either did not accomodate their needs, or proved to be
vastly more expensive to implement and maintain, than they had expected.

Software implementation can involve many people within your organization.
When a wrong system, or even an inadequate one is licensed by a company,
they not only suffer the effects of those dollars invested in the system
itself, but also in all the time and energies of those responsible for
implementation.  Advanced Data Systems has a better way.

Please see their Website (www.advanceddatasystems.com) for more information.
Leave your mailing address and they will be happy to send you a brochure.