From: owner-midrange-l@midrange.com [mailto:owner-midrange-l@midrange.com]On Behalf Of ddetz@zinccorp.com
Sent: Monday, September 18, 2000 1:02 PM
To: MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com
Subject: ending jobs normally

We have a situation that users are leaving their terminals on while in JDE.  This is causing us to get a "Batch in Use" error.  To make a long story short, we have to mannually go in and get these batches posted and deal w/ the GL etc. etc.

How do we get these users off "normally" before they get kicked off when our backup starts at 02:00.  Our backup endsbs *immed so this ends their jobs w/ a code 50 - jobs ended abnormally.  This holds the last batch they were in and keeps it "in use".

Is their some "kind" command to end their jobs w/o just cutting them off?

TIA

Dawn L. Detz
System Administrator
Zinc Corporation of America