  • Subject: Re: What is an AS/400?
  • From: "Leslie Russell" <leslier@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 10:03:47 -0600

No way man, I am forced to use both NetScab and IE5 in order to support our users and I am floored time and time again at how much more powerful NetScape is.  If we are talking about NS 4.0 vs. IE5, well the major drawback with IE5 are the desktop integration and the almost unlimited openness to VB scripting.

IE is a rather sloppy HTML parser too,  just look at some of the thing you can slip by IE that NS won't fly.  And IE introduced all those IE only html tags that caused the browser wars in the first place.

Now, if we are talking about IE5.5 vs. NS 6.0 then I will agree with ya IE would win that match but any of the NS 4.* browsers are still better than IE. Come in out of the rain.