  • Subject: RE: Is Ops Navigator slow for others too?
  • From: "Stone, Brad V (TC)" <bvstone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 11:00:03 -0500

Pascal.. please see comments inline.

-----Original Message-----
From: Pascal Bellerose [mailto:pascal.bellerose@progisys.com]
Sent: Monday, July 31, 2000 9:42 AM
To: 'MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com'

>>Well I think it's time for you all green-screen eaters to change your
point of view and enter into the second millenium, hey guys it's graphic
era, you all look like those people who are still listening to baseball game
on radio instead of watching it in colors with all the information you need
right there on the screen.  And this is intended for IBM too!!<<

Graphical era?  What does that mean?  We are too stupid to read and we need
pictures?  (Hyroglyphs I belive they were called in Neal Stephenson's "The
Diamond Age").
I listen to Bruce Williams on the radio.  But, he is pre-empted by Twins and
Timberwolves games.  The Radio station says they are listened to a lot and
it will always be that way (which I don't like).  Nothing wrong with
listening on the radio.  You can use your imagination.

>>I say more graphical access and give up the green screens!!!  Anyway, SEU
is no more updated, hear that? it's dead and gone!!  what is the future of
SDA and RLU?? with CODE400 you can say goodbye to them...<<

It's not dead.  It's no longer updated.  Why?  It's pretty darned good as
is.
It is my humble opinion, if some of you disagree, I respect your opinions
too.  All I wanted to do is to open the eyes of some of you to the new era
of GUIs on AS400.

>>It's profitable for all of us.  In terms of saving time and money spent on
application development and technical support.<<

Developing GUIs is profitable because it takes more time and maintenance
because of the platform required (ie PCs).  But, I want to make sure it
works first.  Not against GUI, but just like Java hypers, I am against
people who hype and spew this out without thinking about what they are
saying first.  Even if they are just trolling.

Brad