  • Subject: RE: BIG Communications Problem - I'm CLUELESS...
  • From: Chris Bipes <chris.bipes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 12:51:32 -0700

Try checking the connection status  using the NETSTAT *CNN and see if the
connection is really active.  If not, the communication is ending without
signaling the server and you have to vary off and on the main controller to
re-establish the connection.  See if there are any software upgrades for the
Perle.  Also upgrade OS400 to V4R4.  It is much more stable ANYNET than V4R1
was.

Christopher K. Bipes     mailto:ChrisB@Cross-Check.com
Sr. Programmer/Analyst   mailto:Chris_Bipes@Yahoo.com
CrossCheck, Inc.         http://www.cross-check.com
6119 State Farm Drive    Phone: 707 586-0551 x 1102
Rohnert Park CA  94928 Fax: 707 586-1884

If consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, only geniuses work here.
Karen Herbelin - Readers Digest 3/2000