We have an IBM Infoprint 20 with a twinax card attached. We decided let
people on the network be able to print to it also. We purchased a HP
JetDirect 300X(ethernet) and with a standard printer cable attached it to
the InfoPrint 20. We set the IP address and other stuff and the people can
now print from the network to it. The problem we are having is when some
prints from WORD or some other application then someone else prints from the
AS400, the next non-AS400 document that prints gives us the following error
messages on the AS400. We then have to turn the printer off and on to reset
it.

        Job name        :       PRTO3   User    QSPLJOB Number  :       017926
        Job description                   - QSPLPRTW    Library :       QGPL
MISGID  TYPE    SEV     DATE    TIME    FROM PGM        LIBRARY INST    TO PGM
LIBRARY INST

                        that follow for additional information about the error
condition• The
data
                    stream manual for your printer contains more information
about the
sense
                    data• Technical description                   : The
internal message
                    identifier (ID) is CNACK1O1
PQT3630 Diagnostic      10 06/19/00 13:29:54 QPQCNACK QSYS 0A46 QPQCCOMM QSYS
O1DA
                  Message - - . - : Device PRTO3 returned negative
acknowledgment with
sense
                    data.
                  Cause            : Sense data X’02920100 DE000001 00010000
D67D0000
00000001
                    000000011 was received from device PRTO3. Recovery . . - :
See
messages
                    that follow for additional information about the error
condition. The
data
                    stream manual for your printer contains more information
about the
sense
                    data• Technical description                   : The
internal message
                    identifier (ID) is CNACK1O1.
QT3675  Diagnostic      40 06/19/00 13:29:54 QPQCNACK QSYS 0A46 QPQCCOMM QSYS
O1OA
                  Message - - . - : Data stream exception at printer PRTO3.
                  Cause •..... Printer PRTO3 detected an exception in the
printer command
                    stream. The print request being processed when the
exception occurred
was
                    file QSYSPRT number 0004 in job 018236/USERO4/PRTSCH. The
corresponding
                    sense data is X’0292’..X’01’ X’Ol’. Processing of the print
request
ended.
                    The previously listed PQT3630 message contains all of the
sense data
                    received from the printer for this condition. Recovery • -
. : The
data
                    stream manual for your printer contains more information
about the
                    exception. Correct the spooled file or resource object and
submit the
print
                    request again. If the problem continues, report it (ANZPRB
command).
                    Technical description                   : The internal
message
identifier
                    (ID) is CNACK2O1.
QT3073  Diagnostic      40 06/19/00 13:29:59 QPQPDMGR QSYS 1AF1 QCMD QSYS
018C
                  Message - . . . : Error detected while processing spooled
file.
Processing
                    of the print request ended.
                  Cause             : An error was detected while processing
the spooled
file
                    portion of a print request for file QSYSPRT number 0004 in
job
                    018236/USERO4/PRTSCH. Processing of the print request
ended• Recovery
. -
                        See the job log for previous messages containing more
details•
Correct
                    the error and submit the print request again. Technical
description
. - -
                     - . . . : The internal message identifier (ID) is PAC4O1O4•
QT3630  Diagnostic      10 06/19/00 13:30:01 QPQCNACK QSYS 0A46 QPQCCOMM QSYS
O1OA
                  Message - - . . : Device PRTO3 returned negative
acknowledgment with
sense
                    data.
                  Cause             : Sense data X’02920100 DE000001 00010000
D67D0000
00000001
                    00000001’ was received from device PRTO3. Recovery • . - :
See
messages
                    that follow for additional information about the error
condition. The
data
                    stream manual for your printer contains more information
about the
sense
                    data. Technical description                   : The
internal message
                    identifier (ID) is CNACK1O1.
QT3630  Diagnostic      10 06/19/00 13:30:08 QPQCNACK QSYS 0A46 QPQCCOMM QSYS
O1OA
                  Message - • • . : Device PRTO3 returned negative
acknowledgment with
sense
                    data
                  Cause               - Sense data X’02920100 DE000001 00010000
D67D0000
00000001
                    00000001’ was received from device PRTO3. Recovery . . . :
See
messages
                    that follow for additional information about the error
condition. The
data
                    stream manual for your printer contains more information
about the
sense
                    data. Technical description                   : The
internal message

I would appreciated any help with this.

Bruce Collins
MIS Manager