  • Subject: RE: Bonus Structures
  • From: "Stone, Brad V (TC)" <bvstone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 09:05:21 -0500

Great post, Mac.

Problem is, we think managers golf on the business trips all day (because
that's all they tell us or we hear they did on the trip), and they think we
surf the web all day.

No one ever understands how much work we each do.  But, if I was a travlin
man, you can bet I would be in management right now.  :)  BUt I prefer to
surf the web.  (double <bg>)  Meetings, etc.. just get in the way.

Perfect example, had a conference call with another company.  I told the
project leader I wanted a programmer from the other side on the line.  He
assured there would be.  When time came for the call, the programmer wasn't
there (no fault of my project leader).  Well, they tracked him down and we
got more done talking to each other in 5 minutes that we did trying to
explain how this was going to work in 45 minutes with the managers.
Needless to say, it was wasted time and I could have dropped the other
programmer a quick email explaining what I needed him to do.

They keep drilling into our heads that "we're all equally important to get
the job done", but when it comes down to benefits such as bonuses,
advancement, etc... it's all BS.  (and that doesn't stand for Brad Stone).

Brad