  • Subject: Re: AS400 user password
  • From: "William Washington III" <w.washington@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 21:27:33 -0500

I tend to agree that we shouldn't "broadcast" a vulnerability, but I also
strongly feel that if a vulnerability exists, responsible people should know
about it so thay can take precautions.

This security lapse should never have made it to the AS/400... My take on it
is IBM wasn't quick on the response.  The hardware has been out for 12
years!  Only when the breech was published did they take action.

William