  • Subject: Printing from AS400 to Accel-a-Writer 8200
  • From: Joe Giusto <JGiusto@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 09:39:24 -0400

I am trying to print a report from the AS400 to and Accel-a-Writer 8200
laser printer using 8 LPI.
The letters from one line are touching the line above it.  I changed the
printer's settings to print at 8 LPI and got a little better result, but the
numbers are still touching and the users are complaining.
Reports that are defined as 6 LPI work fine with laser printer at either LPI
setting.

These reports print fine on our HP Lasers. (I am able to use the transform
print data setting and pick the HP laserjet4)

I thought that if I changed the font that Client Access uses for AS400 print
file, that I could find a font that was readable.  However, no matter which
font I use, there seems to be no effect on the output.  Also, in the
Transform print data section, there is no selection for the Accel-a-Writer
printer and if I try to use one of the other printer descriptions, the
spooled file does not make it to the printer (just disappears off the
network queue without printing).

2 questions:
How can I change the font being used (sent) to the laser printer?

Is there any way to add printer descriptions to the Transform Print Data
list of printers?

Thanks for any suggestions on figuring this out or pointing me to some
places I can read up on this.

Joe Giusto II
Patuxent Publishing Company
10750 Little Patuxent Parkway