  • Subject: RE: Resetting DST Passwords
  • From: "Shaw, David" <dshaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 09:04:35 -0400

Bob,

Dave Dahlstrom's reply sounds like the most likely cause and cure of your
issue, but if your DST passwords have been changed, this is how I would
reset them:

1) IPL the system to a normal OS/400 signon screen and sign on as QSECOFR or
equivalent.
2) Use the CHGDSTPWD command to change the DST QSECOFR password to something
you like, either the default QSECOFR or a password of your choosing.
3) Power down and do a manual IPL to the DST signon.
4) Sign into DST using QSECOFR and the password you just chose.
5) Choose Option 5, Work with DST Environment, then Option 9, Change DST
Passwords, then change the passwords for profiles 11111111 and 22222222 to
whatever you want to use.

Note: The Reset System Default Password option that David Bulog mentioned is
for resetting the normal OS/400 QSECOFR password back to its original value
of QSECOFR.  I don't believe it resets the DST QSECOFR password - after all,
you already have to know what THAT is to even get to this option!

If you end up needing to do the scratch reload, I think you have to be sure
to take the option to reload the LIC in order to reset the DST passwords.
You may even have to start from the MULIC tape or CD - I've never done this
for this purpose, and I'm not sure where it's documented.  Does anyone here
know?  (I bet Al does!)

Dave Shaw
Spartan International, Inc.
Spartanburg, SC