  • Subject: Re: RTFM (was: CPYF behavior)
  • From: Bob Larkin <blarkin@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 22:39:29 -0600

Don,
IBM has indeed made some of the new information very difficult to access.
However, most of the
manuals that Simon listed are available on the web, in PDF format. I have
printed a few, and have
many more stored on the hard drive. I pay for the PC that they are on, I pay
for the ISP service, I
pay for the line charges. I feel that to do a job, you must have the proper
tools. Just like any
skilled trade, the craftsman is often responsible for his own tools.

I share in some of Simon's "frustration". Today there were 233 email messages
in my inbox. The
majority were for the midrange-L list, which is a valuable resource. There were
some messages that
were of questionable value, but might be valuable to others. The messages that
really frustrate me
are the ones that read "Write me a program.... NOW". I enjoy discussing the
AS/400 with my peers,
and also assisting those that are attempting to elevate temselves to a higher
level. I do not wish
to contribute to people that are looking for handouts, electronic welfare so to
speak.

But hey, we still like everyone on the list!!

Bob