• Subject: RE: Software Vendors
  • From: Lurton Keel <Lurton.Keel@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 12:58:25 -0600

In your purchase agreement there should be a clause that says something like
".....within the first 30 days of shipment the vendor warrants the product
to be free of defects.  If defects are found, the vendor has the right to
either 1) repair the defect or 2) refund all payments.............."

There are a couple of ways to protect yourself against such vendors.
1.      Get the source code so that you can fix the bugs yourself.
2.      Get a maintenance agreement where the vendor must fix all bugs
(although some bugs are actually enhancements and the vendor will charge you
for those bugs).
3.      Scream really loud so others will be wary of doing business with
this vendor.
4.      Have an attorney review all contracts before signing.  (You know
that 99% of lawyers give the other 1% a bad name).  

                -----Original Message-----
                From:   Debbie Panco [mailto:dpanco43@ix.netcom.com]
                Sent:   Monday, November 29, 1999 11:18 AM
                To:     MIDRANGE
                Subject:        Software Vendors

                I have a question that has been plaguing me.  Say you have a
software vendor
                who sells
                you a package and you have so many days to test the software
that you
                received
+---
| This is the Midrange System Mailing List!
| To submit a new message, send your mail to MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com.
| To subscribe to this list send email to MIDRANGE-L-SUB@midrange.com.
| To unsubscribe from this list send email to MIDRANGE-L-UNSUB@midrange.com.
| Questions should be directed to the list owner/operator: david@midrange.com
+---

This thread ...


Follow On AppleNews
Return to Archive home page | Return to MIDRANGE.COM home page

This mailing list archive is Copyright 1997-2020 by midrange.com and David Gibbs as a compilation work. Use of the archive is restricted to research of a business or technical nature. Any other uses are prohibited. Full details are available on our policy page. If you have questions about this, please contact [javascript protected email address].