• Subject: Re: ROCHESTER PUSHES BACK 2000 ANNOUNCE DATE
  • From: "Luther Ananda Miller" <luther.miller@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 22:04:06 +0200

I can understand IBM pushing back the new OS release, and I think it is a good idea. I am not sure what new features they are planning to add- critical new features can be added with service packs anyway. They have added quite a bit over the last couple of releases, and I think it needs time both to stabilize and for IBM to get feedback on the new features and determine what direction customers want them take. There have been a lot of enhancements via DB2 UDB (UDFs, UDTs, consildated code, etc.) and of course HTTP/WebSphere/Java etc.

Luther