  • Subject: TCP/IP over Leased line between AS/400's
  • From: Billy Rowe <billyrowe@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 12:52:21 -0400

We have 2 local AS/400's that are both on the same token ring, one of
these AS/400's is also on our Ethernet Lan with an NT server.   We have
3 remote AS/400's that are connected to the local AS/400(the one that is
on both token ring and ethernet) via leased lines.

The local AS/400 on both lan's is also the Network node(*NETNODE).

I have TCP/IP working between the 2 local AS/400's.

Will I be able to run TCP/IP over the leased lines to the remote
AS/400's along with the existing SNA traffic?

When I try to add the TCP/IP interface on a remote AS/400 and specify
the line description as the leased line I get the following message:

                         Additional Message
Information

 Message ID . . . . . . :   TCP263E       Severity . . . . . . . :
40
 Message type . . . . . :
Escape
 Date sent  . . . . . . :   07/07/99      Time sent  . . . . . . :
13:47:20

 Message . . . . :   LIND parameter value METAIRIE not
valid.
 Cause . . . . . :   The value specified for the line description
(LIND)
   parameter is not valid.  Reason code is 0001. Reason codes and
their
   meanings
follow:
 0001 - Line type not supported for