  • Subject: RE: "RPG isn't cool" (was: Re: IBM Secret)
  • From: "Schenck, Don" <Don.Schenck@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 13:19:42 -0400

Joel --

Why have both???

With free-form, you DO have both worlds. There is NOTHING to prevent a
programmer from using columns in free-form code.

In fact, using columns to format the code is a GOOD idea; but you need to be
able to indent and other formatting options.

"Code Complete", which (IMHO) is THE book on code construction, mentions
code formatting in detail. Lots of good stuff.

Oh sheesh ... I'm back into the free-form discussions AGAIN! It's like a
time warp.

Peace,

-- Don "Warp? Hmmmm ... wasn't that an IBM product???" Schenck