  • Subject: Re: Leased Lines vs Frame Relay w/voice over frame
  • From: "Carl Galgano" <cgalgano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 13:08:02 -0400

Wayne:
I have quite a bit of experience with FR on the AS400 and am in the process
of converting some private line circuts to FR.  In general the FR allows you
better pricing, better throughput and more uptime.  But remember, these are
comm lines and there will be a bit of down time, however overall I am very
pleased.

As far as connectivity, you are probably doing SDLC.  If you wish to
continue you will need to use a FRAD.  I have had some good experiences with
Motorola Vanguard MP Routers.  They will do the SDLC to FR conversion and
perform fairly well.  You can config them to do just about anything, but
they can be a bit complicated to configure.
Good luck.

Carl Galgano
EDI Consulting Services, Inc.
http://cgalgano.home.mindspring.com