  • Subject: Re: Client Access Question
  • From: Larry Bolhuis <lbolhui@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 15:27:23 -0400

Rob,

 I heartily recommend the 8235 solution, however, IBM has discontinued
that product.  The same functionality is available in IBM's router line
(2210, 2216) so if you happen to have one of those, just get the current
software (V2R2 or V3R1) and you can use a free serial port.
 The other option is to simply go to SHIVA (where IBM Got 'em) and buy a
LanRoverE(ethernet) or LanRoverT(token-ring). They come in 2,4, and 8
ports as well as the 'Big Rover' (my name) that handles Up to 4 T1s
directly.
 These units are orders of magnitude faster than the ASCII WSC and much
more secure. (with dialback, RADIUS, TACACs and other 3rd party
authetication). They also handle virtually all protocols as well as
supporting dial out from a PC through the unit.

 Larry Bolhuis
 Arbor Solutions, Inc
 lbolhui@ibm.net