  • Subject: Re: Latest V4R2 Cum Tape
  • From: Rob Berendt <rob@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 10:11:05 -0500

I, too, have multiple AS/400's.  I only use ECS on one of them.  When I tried
to use SNDPTFORD for cums on the one 400 for the rest of my 400's I envariably
got a call from IBM confirming my order.  Guess they were trying to make sure
that I wasn't hoarding tapes or CD's.  This left me really vexed.  Now I order
all of my cum media through the following:
http://service.software.ibm.com/as400.us.reg/orderptfmedia?lang=english|1
Fantastic service and tracking.  Each order generates 3 emails:  1)  Got your
order and the order number assigned is ..., 2) We have packed your order and
the Airborne waybill number assigned is ...., 3) Airborne has picked up your
order and again your waybill # is ... and order # is ...
IBM's websites for technical support are shining examples of what can be done.
Another one of my favorites is in support of my support line contract.  No
longer do I have to call and explain my problem via voice to a couple of entry
level phone operators prior to getting someone who knows their stuff.  I can
type up the problem, cut and paste error messages and submit the problem.  I
can see most of IBM's responses to the problem.  Set the severity.  When IBM
updates the problem I get an email telling me to check it.  I can switch it
over to voice just like any other problem if I want to.  This web site is:
http://service.software.ibm.com/as400.us.reg/ccms?lang=english

mzylka@netpath.net on 06/20/98 07:17:39 PM
Please respond to MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com@Internet