Subject: Re: Java - Thread
Author:  <MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com > at INTERNET
Date:    5/30/98 1:51 AM

** Reply to message from HAVEAJOB@aol.com on Sat, 30 May 1998 00:12:51 EDT

> With an obvious ear to the ground, I have heard of NO AS/400 shops utilizing
> JAVA for development; there may be some out there but I haven't talked to
> anyone.  I DO hear a lot of talk about "One day...." but I don't see any
> current utilization other than on the PC side, and that's mostly in the realm
> of internet commerce.

Dave, have a look at http://www.ibm.com/Java/Sanfrancisco/

Keep in mind that Java development on "the PC side" _IS_ Java development on
the AS/400. If a PC, NT, or Unix based developer produces a good Java based
application, they have become competition in the AS/400 marketplace.

> Dave Brown

Chris Rehm
Mr.AS400@ibm.net

How often can you afford to be unexpectedly out of business?
Get an AS/400.