Hi All,

     This is an extension to my earlier mail. To acheive the said
objective, at present I have designed an approach. When the AS/400
application sends the data files to PC, it will also send a dummy file of
RCDLEN(1) which will be created in QTEMP library using CRTPF just before
FTP. This dummy file will also be sent to PC. The PC application before
processing the data files, will check whether the dummy file exists or not.
If yes then it deletes the file and then process the data files. If the
dummy file is not found on PC, the PC application waits for sometime and
after sometime it again checks.

     The same check the PC application can do it directly on the data
files. But the data files are huge. Each file contains around 1.5 million
records. So it is not possible to check the existance of the data files on
PC because when the FTP is started, the file will be created on PC and the
data will be continuosly updated in the PC data file as long as the FTP on
AS/400 continues. There may be some cases when the PC application find teh
data file and start processing., but some cases at that time the PC file
will be still updating. So to avoid this problem, I will send a dummy file
after the actual data file is transferred. As the dummy file is just
RCDLEN(1), the FTP of this file will not take more than 2 seconds.

     Is my approach good? If not, are there any better alternatives? Thanx
in advance for any help/suggestions. Good day.

Best Regards,
VenuGopal