Leif Svalgaard wrote:

> It seems too bad IBM decided not to truly integrate the OPM
> and ILE "worlds" into one.  For example, how hard would it
> really have been to add CALLPP, CALLBP, etc. instructions
> (for ILE) into the OPM MI, and perhaps a "special" resolve
> instruction to resolve to an "entry point" within a bound ILE
> *SRVPGM, so that OPM MI programs could simply issue
> a call to a "bound procedure", etc.?  I think this functionality
> would address most, if not all, of the various "requirements"
> that have been debated here over the past several days/weeks,
> or even going back to some of the "threads" from last July.

Do you mean like this?

The Call Service Program Procedure (QZRUCLSP) API allows an unbound call to an
ILE procedure exported by a service program.

The name of the service program and the name of the exported procedure are
passed in as parameters.  This API runs in the caller's activation group. If
the specified service program
also runs in the caller's activation group, it will run in the same group.  All
dependent service programs are activated and all initialization of the newly
activated service programs is done.

Since the QZRUCLSP API has no way to determine the parameters that the called
procedure expects, the layout of those parameters must be described by the
caller in a "parameter
format" array.

All of the parameter values given to this API to be subsequently passed to the
procedure are passed by reference.

This API does not support calling procedures that have been defined using
"#pragma argopt."