>>How do you connect Registration Facility with User Function Registration
>>APIs?  Before V5R1, I used User Function Registration APIs fine, but
never
>>used Registration Facility.  Is this a new connection for V5R1?

>>Before V5R1, OpsNav Application Administration's "Host Functions" window
>>listed all the functions I registered, but never any "QIBM_" stuff, and I
>>was able to allow/deny access to functions by drag-and-drop user profiles
>>in OpsNav.  Now, after installing V5R1, OpsNav omits all my registered
>>functions, but does list a bunch of weird "QIBM_" stuff.  I'm unable to
>>continue to allow/deny access to user functions.  My users are hollering.
>>Help.

Gene,

I do not know what caused this problem. I do know that most of the "QIBM_"
stuff should have been listed in previous releases.  Simon is correct that
we use the registration facility to implement the Operation Navigator's
Application Administration's functions. It has always worked this way. In
addition to using the registration facility we use several internal objects
in QSYS. Once for each function. Access is allowed or denied to various
functions by granting or revoking a users authority to an internal object.

It sounds like you have somehow lost your registered functions. If you have
a backup version of the QUSEXRGOBJ object in QUSRSYS, you could restore it
to get the functions back, but then you would lose any of the new IBM
functions and exit points added for V5R1. If you decided to restore a back
level version of QUSEXRGOBJ to a V5R1 system it will probably cause other
problems unless you also reinstall the OS/400 option for QUSRSYS.

Once you have the functions back, if you also need to restore your users
access to those functions you will need to use your last SAVSECDTA from
before the V5R1 install, and then run RSTUSRPRF *ALL to restore the
internal objects in QSYS. You will then need to run RSTAUT to get back the
users authorities to those objects.

I hope this helps.

Ed Fishel,
edfishel@US.IBM.COM