Thanks to all those who have replied to my request.  I have an acceptable
(but not what I want) solution.

I really, really, REALLY want to have a "Command" type of message instead
of a Request message (yes, the two are very different in function and in
the joblog... try it).  If anything were to go wrong with the program after
sending the *RQS message but before receiving it to make it old, the
request will be processed after the program ends... and I don't like that.
I'd rather just have a log.  But I suppose it's acceptable risk.

Thanks so much for the great pointers and advice regarding this.  I did
have to roll my own, but it wasn't a big deal.

Dennis

Anton Gombkötö <gombkoetoe@assoft.com>@midrange.com on 01/17/2002 12:26:22
PM

Please respond to mi400@midrange.com