On 17 Jan 2002 at 16:28, Gene_Gaunt@ReviewWorks.com wrote:

> >> "If anything were to go wrong with the program after sending the
> >> *RQS message but before receiving it to make it old, the request
> >> will be processed after the program ends... and I don't like that."
>
> Then run your programs under your own custom routing entry program
> instead of QCMD.  Then you will be able to stop those dangling request
> messages from running as CL commands if programs fail.
Thanks, Gene.  I considered that.  But it's not the biggest problem.

The biggest problem I see is that when a person presses F9, of course, *RQS
messages are
recalled.  This includes any *RQS messages that were sent via my "tool."  This
effect, I don't
think there's an acceptable circumvention for, and for the unwary user, it
could cause
problems.  I might as well switch to *INFO messages and be done with it... but
I figured this
would be the one place where I'd find out enough internal information to be
able to simulate
the LOGCLPGM(*YES) effect.  How disappointing that IBM doesn't seem to provide
any
means for that!

Anyway, I do appreciate the reply.  Thanks!
--
Qiu Min & Dennis Lovelady
mail: dennis@lovelady.com